Meeks Bay Fire Protection District is pleased to provide you with this emergency preparedness and evacuation plan. There is no “magic recipe” for evacuation. By knowing all possible options, you are better prepared when the order is given.
WHAT YOU CAN I DO TO BE PREPARED
- Look at the map provided in the guide and identify all ingress and egress routes that take you to a major roadway. Depending on the emergency, some routes may be unusable. Listen carefully to evacuation instructions.
- Add your personal and important phone numbers to the guide. You could also add phone numbers of your neighbors.
- Consider discussing evacuation with your neighbors in an effort to watch out for each other. The Fire Protection District will gladly meet with you (or preferably a group of neighbors) to make this plan neighborhood specific.
- While the emergency alert system and other television stations are a potential source of emergency information, the po
wer may be out leaving your vehicle’s radio as your only information option. Program the radio stations listed in this guide in your radio today.
- Program the El Dorado County information number in your cell phone.