OBTAINING A PERMIT
Residential Burn Permits may be obtained from Meeks Bay Fire Protection District Station 61, located at:
8041 Hwy 89 (Emerald Bay Road), Meeks Bay
A Residential Burn Permit is valid only on days which are determined “Permissible Burn Days” by the El Dorado County Air Pollution Control District, pursuant to Section 39298 of the Health and Safety Code. For permissible burn day information call 1-888-332-2876.
- Maximum pile size shall be 4 feet in diameter.
- The area within 10 feet of the outer edge of the pile shall be maintained free and clear of all flammable material and vegetation.
- There must be a responsible person in attendance with a shovel until the fire is dead out.
- There must be a water supply at the burning site.
- No burning shall be undertaken unless weather conditions (partcularly wind) are such that burning can be considered safe.