Obtaining a Campfire Permit
Campfire Permits must be obtained directly through the CAL FIRE web page and campfires are only allowed in a properly screened wood burning outdoor fireplace or chiminea approved by Meeks Bay Fire.
- No burning is allowed on Red Flag Warning Days.
- You will be required to watch an introductory video prior to completing the application.
- Once you have completed your application you will be required to print the permit. The permit will not be valid if it is not printed and signed.
- Renters must have written and signed authorization from the property owner in their possession in order to obtain a permit and have a fire. You must keep your permit on you at all times during a camp fire.
- You are required to follow all Fire Season Restrictions.
- There must be a responsible adult in attendance with a shovel until the fire is dead out.
- There must be a water supply.
- No campfires shall be undertaken unless weather conditions (particularly wind) are such that burning can be considered safe.
- In case of emergency, call 911.