NOTICE - CHIPPING IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
- We are now accepting requests for the 2021 Season. Chipping is scheduled to begin the first week of June. The last day to make a request for the 2021 chipping season is 10/12/2020.
- All requests must be submitted ONLINE. (Piles will not be chipped without a request.)
- Please make sure you sign up early for our free chipping program. The crew that performs the chipping is also a wildland fire crew, so please be flexible with the schedule posted on our website. Once you have completed the online application, you will be added to a master list. At that point, your nicely stacked piles, with the cut ends facing the road, will wait to be chipped. The chips will be dispersed back onto your property. Please be patient, we had record-breaking chipping numbers last year, and anticipate the same this year.
- The District provides this grant-funded chipping service to all residential customers.
- Once you have scheduled your chipping, work is performed according to area-specific zones.
- At the end of the season, the chipping crew will attempt to chip any remaining piles within our fire district during the week of 10/20 to 10/26/2021.
- Four-inch (4") max diameter material, Placed curbside with the cut end facing the street. (Chipping service applies to branches/limbs/twigs only. It does NOT include pine needle/cone pickup.)
- It is the property owner's responsibility to maintain their vegetation to meet defensible space requirements
- The chipping service we provide is grant-funded and is performed by a local wildland fire hand-crew who are frequently dispatched to wildland fires. This means all schedules are subject to change without notice. Your patience is appreciated.
- Piles must not be higher than 6 ft. or longer than 6ft. No piles in length over 30ft.
- Piles must be curbside and easily accessible
- Branches cannot exceed 6 inches in diameter
- No stumps, roots, garbage, nails, lumber, pine needles, or pine cones.
- All chipped material is left on-site.
NOTE : Hours of chipping operations are 8:00 am until 5:00 pm 7 days a week. Chips will be left at the residence. Very large piles left by commercial contractors will not be chipped.